drank Butterbeer by 52teas

I came home from yoga this morning to find my very first 52teas order in my mailbox! I just about squee’d right in the lobby of my building. I was expecting a longer wait to ship to Canada, but I think it was only about a week ago that I ordered. Tea surprises are the best surprises!

Of course this was the first one I wanted to get my hands on. Ever since I first read the Harry Potter series (and every time I’ve read it since then!) I’ve been dyyying to try some butterbeer. Anyone who has read the books knows how incredible the characters all make the drink sound. Found a few recipes online to make my own, but they all called for butterscotch of some sort. Blech!! I hate butterscotch and I don’t think it has any place in butterbeer, thankyouverymuch. So when I saw that Frank had come up with his own flavour concoction to try to imitate the legendary beverage, and had combined it with TEA no less, I knew I had to try some. And from what I’d read in reviews, it didn’t sound like this one would scream butterscotch.

When I first opened the packet my heart sunk a little. It smelled just like root beer. I love root beer, but I wanted it to be a note in the blend, rather than the dominant flavour. I had no reason to worry though, because once it’s steeped up, it is so perfect! I get the root beerish taste, but also the lovely creamy butteriness that everyone has been raving about. It’s so warming and complex and just delicious that I imagine this is the closest I’ll come to butterbeer heaven.

In conclusion, I’m SO glad this lived up to the hype, or else I’m pretty sure I would’ve been heartbroken :P I can’t wait to sip on this in the fall (my favourite season!) with a cozy scarf and a good book. It’s just that kind of tea!

Queer femme looking for love in the form of tea. Currently on a (seemingly never-ending) quest to convince my girlfriend of the magic of loose leaf.

Let’s see..I’m a 23 year old seemingly perma-student, having finished at university and moved on to college. I love reading. I love tea. I love reading while drinking tea. It really doesn’t take much to keep me happy.

Black tea is my all time favourite, preferably hot with milk and sugar. I like flavoured blacks the best, and my taste is embarrassingly unrefined. If it has some outlandish candy or dessert or fruity sounding name, I’m all over it. Especially things like coconut, caramel, chocolate (the usual suspects), bubblegum, cotton candy, and the list goes on. If it’s supposed to taste like something it’s not, odds are I’m going to love it. I also love a good earl grey, floral teas, and anything with currants. Love me some currants!

When it comes to iced teas I love fruity herbal blends and matés, for the most part. They are my hydration option of choice in the summer and I always have at least a glass ready for me in the fridge, if not a pitcher.

I am a self-proclaimed David’sTea fangirl, so please excuse the fact that most of my logs tend to be a little biased in their favour. I just can’t help myself, I must try all-the-tea from David’s!

I’m starting to get interested in matcha, and though I’ve loved the cups I’ve had prepared for me by others, I’ve never tried making it myself. I’m going to have to break down and order some soon, if only just to try.