Mmm I am LOVING my caramel matcha. It is so rich and creamysmooth and satisfying! I have two more matchas on the way from Red Leaf that I can’t wait to try. Matcha addiction is working its way into full swing.

Tonight I’m having it hot with lots of milk and a touch of sugar. Reeeally helping my sweet tooth right now. I can’t wait to try an iced latte..maybe tomorrow. For those of you who put a bit matcha in your smoothies, do you just pour the sifted powder directly in the blender or do you whisk up a matcha base with water first? I’m curious to try this once my boysenberry and cheesecake matchas arrive :D

Alphakitty

I’ve only made a few smoothies, but I think you can do it either way. Personally, I like to make the base first just to spread it out evenly but most recipes seem to just say sift it right in there!

momo

I add the powder right into the rest of the ingredients before mixing.

tigress_al

I really hope my cheesecake matcha comes tomorrow because I REALLY wanna make a matcha smoothie!

Comments

Alphakitty

momo

I add the powder right into the rest of the ingredients before mixing.

tigress_al

Queer femme looking for love in the form of tea. Currently on a (seemingly never-ending) quest to convince my girlfriend of the magic of loose leaf.

Let’s see..I’m a 23 year old seemingly perma-student, having finished at university and moved on to college. I love reading. I love tea. I love reading while drinking tea. It really doesn’t take much to keep me happy.

Black tea is my all time favourite, preferably hot with milk and sugar. I like flavoured blacks the best, and my taste is embarrassingly unrefined. If it has some outlandish candy or dessert or fruity sounding name, I’m all over it. Especially things like coconut, caramel, chocolate (the usual suspects), bubblegum, cotton candy, and the list goes on. If it’s supposed to taste like something it’s not, odds are I’m going to love it. I also love a good earl grey, floral teas, and anything with currants. Love me some currants!

When it comes to iced teas I love fruity herbal blends and matés, for the most part. They are my hydration option of choice in the summer and I always have at least a glass ready for me in the fridge, if not a pitcher.

I am a self-proclaimed David’sTea fangirl, so please excuse the fact that most of my logs tend to be a little biased in their favour. I just can’t help myself, I must try all-the-tea from David’s!

I’m starting to get interested in matcha, and though I’ve loved the cups I’ve had prepared for me by others, I’ve never tried making it myself. I’m going to have to break down and order some soon, if only just to try.