drank Chocolate Delight by Tea Guys

Well, gosh. Now I’m stumped.

I came home expecting to give this tea its walking-papers. I enjoyed the morning mate so much, I felt sure there was no way this tea was going to compare. I go to the cupboard, open it up, pull out the basically fresh batch of this I’d reordered, sigh, open and sniff it…

…and decide that it still SMELLS good. …am I really getting rid of it? Maybe I’d better have some and make sure I want to do that…so I brew it up as a latte, intending to brew the other tea alongside in some grand conflagration of caffeine intake because clearly I need to compare the two. Only somewhere along the way I get distracted by how I’m enjoying THIS cup, and wouldn’t it be delicious-awesome as a treat if I threw in a tiny piece of Scharffen Berger milk chocolate bar to melt in it instead of sweetener? So I do, and it IS delicious-awesome.

At that point I realized I might need to re-evaluate my plans to ditch this tea. At some point I’ll do a side-by-side, it’s just a pain in the neck with lattes. Maybe tomorrow. For now…mmm. Tasty.

Steep time only reflects water portion of brewing.

takgoti

MMM. Scharffen Berger. I’m absolutely addicted to their cacao nibs. I am now pondering the effects of cacao nibs on tea.

sophistre

I crumbled it in once it was already steeped and milked, and the effects were delicious. I am fairly certain this is what a majority of chocolate blends are doing anyway, hence the oily quality of the water once steeped, but I have only personally tried these two, myself.

Comments

takgoti

sophistre

Ohhh, I dunno. I like tea but I’m kind of a tea newbie. At this point I can say with authority that I may never be anything else, no matter how many teas I try…there is always something new out there.

I write a lot.

I also play way too many video games.

Ratings! (Bout time, wot?) This is a new arrangement, so…subject to change!

1-10: Not potable. First-sip disasters.

11-30: Intensely unpleasant…won’t catch me finishing the cup.

31-50: I really don’t like it…but maybe somebody else out there would.

51-70: Drinkable, but probably not the first thing I’m going to reach for.

71-90: Pretty good tea, and stuff that there’s a good chance I’ll have on-hand. Will do in a pinch at the low end, all the way up to regular visitors to my infuser on the high end.

91-100: Teas I really do not want to be without.

Boston/Cambridge