Crappy weather, check.

Weekend inside, check.

Too much sugar consumed already in the form of homemade hot chocolate, check.

Time for some campfire tea (I think I saw someone else call it ‘lumberjack tea’ at some point — Robert, maybe? — and it made me snicker).

I definitely prefer the sweetness in this to the extremely acrid Samovar version, though I think the Samovar lapstang souchong is better with milk or creamer. Either way…this is the closest I can get to the scent of pine logs full of sweet sap burning in a woodstove in my 18th floor apartment.

(And you know…it actually goes pretty well with spending time revisiting Orzammar…okay, maybe that’s an overdose of nerd even for me.)

S

Can I just say, omg at the fact that you live in an 18 floor apartment in Boston? I didn’t even know those exist. I live in the “basement” of an apartment complex :(

sophistre

Well…technically I’m on the Cambridge side of the river, but only just. I love my new place. I lived in a second-story apartment in Fenway for a while, and definitely spent my fair share of time in the ‘old building’ trenches…my whole electrical system blew after I moved into that one! >.< Plus the mice…and the Sox fans…and the paper-thin walls…

So, yeah. Sometimes I miss having a yard or a porch or something, but…overall? No complaints. I’ve got eight years on you according to your profile notes, though, so you’ve got time to poke around and find that perfect place. ;)

woot woot Cambridge :) I too live on this side of the Charles
Yesterday I was dreaming of my last apartment when I lived on omg the 4th floor and how awesome that was…

Comments

S

sophistre

woot woot Cambridge :) I too live on this side of the Charles

Ohhh, I dunno. I like tea but I’m kind of a tea newbie. At this point I can say with authority that I may never be anything else, no matter how many teas I try…there is always something new out there.

I write a lot.

I also play way too many video games.

Ratings! (Bout time, wot?) This is a new arrangement, so…subject to change!

1-10: Not potable. First-sip disasters.

11-30: Intensely unpleasant…won’t catch me finishing the cup.

31-50: I really don’t like it…but maybe somebody else out there would.

51-70: Drinkable, but probably not the first thing I’m going to reach for.

71-90: Pretty good tea, and stuff that there’s a good chance I’ll have on-hand. Will do in a pinch at the low end, all the way up to regular visitors to my infuser on the high end.

91-100: Teas I really do not want to be without.

Boston/Cambridge