drank Tamarind Pop by Butiki Teas

The only tamarind-flavored thing I’ve had before was ice cream (which was delicious), so I was excited about this sample. Through association, the first sip immediately reminded me of all the Mexican grocery stores I’ve visited. The spiciness especially.

I added a bit of sugar to it when I’d had half the glass already (still very warm), but I think I prefer it unsweetened. The spiciness of it isn’t so noticeable when sweetened, but I preferred having it there.

I’m a literature major in East Texas who only recently decided to get into tea! I have no idea why I waited so long, but I am diving headlong into it.

Besides tea stuff, I’m an enormous lover of literature, particularly that from East Asia and Eastern Europe. I love surrealism in all it’s varieties, as well as unusual/strange books in general. I also love board gaming, firearms, succulents and general self-education.

Ratings:
85-100: Ideally, would keep these in my cupboard at all times.
75-84: Would gladly drink all of what I have and likely buy more.
60-74: Not going to actively seek it out, but not against trying it again.
50-59: Will finish what I have, but likely won’t revisit.
Below 50: Can’t even finish the cup.

I’m probably not going to be using ratings under 50 much, since I read reviews extensively before buying and can /usually/ tell what I’ll like.

Tyler, Texas