drank Luscious Watermelon by DAVIDsTEA

Before anything, I have to admit that I actually really dislike watermelon-flavored things. I have a truce with the fruit itself, but watermelon-flavored things always make me gag. But this is made with real watermelon pieces, so – I go into it with only moderate hope of liking it, but I go into it anyway! (and thank you so much for this sample, Meowkattack!)

Seeing carrots in the ingredients also admittedly made me a bit wary, as “luscious” calls to my mind things very sweet and fruity. The smell of the brewed tea, however, was much more mellow – I think I began smelling more of the strawberry leaves, maybe. But this isn’t too bad! It’s definitely more than just watermelon, though I can tell it’s at the forefront. This one doesn’t have the tart aftertaste that most of the other fruit teas I’ve drank had.

Added a bit of honey in and iced half the cup – a bit better that way, though still probably not something I’d buy on my own.

I’m a literature major in East Texas who only recently decided to get into tea! I have no idea why I waited so long, but I am diving headlong into it.

Besides tea stuff, I’m an enormous lover of literature, particularly that from East Asia and Eastern Europe. I love surrealism in all it’s varieties, as well as unusual/strange books in general. I also love board gaming, firearms, succulents and general self-education.

Ratings:
85-100: Ideally, would keep these in my cupboard at all times.
75-84: Would gladly drink all of what I have and likely buy more.
60-74: Not going to actively seek it out, but not against trying it again.
50-59: Will finish what I have, but likely won’t revisit.
Below 50: Can’t even finish the cup.

I’m probably not going to be using ratings under 50 much, since I read reviews extensively before buying and can /usually/ tell what I’ll like.

Tyler, Texas