Whenever I get a new hobby or interest, my dad always likes to support me in it. Usually it comes in the form of things he digs out of the trash (destroyed books, moldy hats, broken antiques, etc), but he does do it out of love, and he’s pretty much my only family member who ever takes an interest in my interests. And this time, he bought me something! A fruit tea sampler pack from Celestial Seasonings, in honor of my newfound interest in tea.

The smell of this one immediately reminded me of blueberry pancakes. I wanted to try it most, because blueberries are my most favorite of berries and berry flavoring. I made this first cup hot, added a little sugar, let the teabags sit in for a bit over the suggested time. It ended up tasting quite a bit like a blueberry syrup or jam – really thick kind of flavor, with not much tartness to it (though it increases as it sits, it seems). I think it’s probably going to make a pretty decent iced tea.

EDIT: Went ahead and added ice to the half cup that was left, as the thickness of it was getting a bit too much. Fairly refreshing that way! Though the tartness that came in near the end is now more pronounced.

Boiling 8 min or more
canadianadia

Cheers to great Dads! I love mine

Comments

canadianadia

Cheers to great Dads! I love mine

I’m a literature major in East Texas who only recently decided to get into tea! I have no idea why I waited so long, but I am diving headlong into it.

Besides tea stuff, I’m an enormous lover of literature, particularly that from East Asia and Eastern Europe. I love surrealism in all it’s varieties, as well as unusual/strange books in general. I also love board gaming, firearms, succulents and general self-education.

Ratings:
85-100: Ideally, would keep these in my cupboard at all times.
75-84: Would gladly drink all of what I have and likely buy more.
60-74: Not going to actively seek it out, but not against trying it again.
50-59: Will finish what I have, but likely won’t revisit.
Below 50: Can’t even finish the cup.

I’m probably not going to be using ratings under 50 much, since I read reviews extensively before buying and can /usually/ tell what I’ll like.

Tyler, Texas