I love the mood on this one – introspective, scholarly. As I’m staying up all night awaiting the announcement of a literature prize, I do feel a little of both.

The smell of the dry leaves for this one was very sugary/sweet, but when brewed it mellowed out considerably. And became extremely delicious. It’s a really smooth caramel flavor, with both a light sweetness and creaminess to it. From the described flavors, I think I’m mostly getting the cedar and orange blossoms notes – the more crisp, autumnal side of it. I do notice it gets fairly bitter after it cools a bit.

The wet leaves after the first steeping started to smell more oolong-y – steeped this one the max of four times.

I’m a literature major in East Texas who only recently decided to get into tea! I have no idea why I waited so long, but I am diving headlong into it.

Besides tea stuff, I’m an enormous lover of literature, particularly that from East Asia and Eastern Europe. I love surrealism in all it’s varieties, as well as unusual/strange books in general. I also love board gaming, firearms, succulents and general self-education.

Ratings:
85-100: Ideally, would keep these in my cupboard at all times.
75-84: Would gladly drink all of what I have and likely buy more.
60-74: Not going to actively seek it out, but not against trying it again.
50-59: Will finish what I have, but likely won’t revisit.
Below 50: Can’t even finish the cup.

I’m probably not going to be using ratings under 50 much, since I read reviews extensively before buying and can /usually/ tell what I’ll like.

Tyler, Texas