The smell of the dry leaves on this one was like a licorice-y butter to me, though the wet leaves had a much more darkly vegetal scent – I think this may be the greenest oolong I’ve tasted so far. I’m not sure I’m getting too much of the milk (I think I was expecting it to be really strong, since this was the flavored version), but it does have a really pleasant creamy-buttery taste. The cup is tasting better and better as I drink more of it (I think because I’m getting better accustomed to the greenness), and between sips there’s a long lasting pleasant aftertaste. After I let it cool down a bit more, I can taste more of the milk flavor in the aftertaste.

With the second and third steeps (at two and three minutes), all the flavors started coming out much stronger – more vegetal, but also way more milk taste and almost a kind of spiciness to it.

I’m a literature major in East Texas who only recently decided to get into tea! I have no idea why I waited so long, but I am diving headlong into it.

Besides tea stuff, I’m an enormous lover of literature, particularly that from East Asia and Eastern Europe. I love surrealism in all it’s varieties, as well as unusual/strange books in general. I also love board gaming, firearms, succulents and general self-education.

Ratings:
85-100: Ideally, would keep these in my cupboard at all times.
75-84: Would gladly drink all of what I have and likely buy more.
60-74: Not going to actively seek it out, but not against trying it again.
50-59: Will finish what I have, but likely won’t revisit.
Below 50: Can’t even finish the cup.

I’m probably not going to be using ratings under 50 much, since I read reviews extensively before buying and can /usually/ tell what I’ll like.

Tyler, Texas