drank Caramel Creme by Della Terra Teas

The caramel scent from the dry tea on this is really strong – I almost want to describe it as dark? It’s a delicious smell though!

I got this one as a free sample along with one of my try-me packs, which I’m very glad for! It seems like I’ve loved the randomly chosen free samples even more than many of those I selected myself. I didn’t notice any of the caramel chunks in my sample, but it doesn’t seem at all hindered by that.

When brewed, it tastes noticeably sweet (though I didn’t add anything to it) and caramel-y, but the black tea is at the front. I think a single word to describe this tea, for me, would be “comforting” – especially when combined with the warm, caramel smell that this fills the room with. It probably helps that my first taste of it was a shared pot between me, my mom and my younger sister. It has something that reminds me of mornings in general. I think I’ll save my last cup of it for one of the upcoming near-freezing mornings.

I’m a literature major in East Texas who only recently decided to get into tea! I have no idea why I waited so long, but I am diving headlong into it.

Besides tea stuff, I’m an enormous lover of literature, particularly that from East Asia and Eastern Europe. I love surrealism in all it’s varieties, as well as unusual/strange books in general. I also love board gaming, firearms, succulents and general self-education.

Ratings:
85-100: Ideally, would keep these in my cupboard at all times.
75-84: Would gladly drink all of what I have and likely buy more.
60-74: Not going to actively seek it out, but not against trying it again.
50-59: Will finish what I have, but likely won’t revisit.
Below 50: Can’t even finish the cup.

I’m probably not going to be using ratings under 50 much, since I read reviews extensively before buying and can /usually/ tell what I’ll like.

Tyler, Texas