Got this one with Den’s Tea green tea sampler – it’s the first I’ve tried, because I was craving something roasty one morning.

So far it’s given me a really great and tasty five cups’ worth from the sample! With a tiny bit left over for an extra half cup.

This is one that smells a bit sweeter than it tastes. One thing I kept noticing about it is how full-bodied and nearly creamy it is – it’s really satisfying and filling, like a food (I might be associating that with the nutty flavor). I don’t really notice anything green about it, though it does remind me of the toasted rice in genmaicha. The nuttiness hits me most with the aftertaste, which isn’t too strong but lingers for a really good while afterwards.

I’m a literature major in East Texas who only recently decided to get into tea! I have no idea why I waited so long, but I am diving headlong into it.

Besides tea stuff, I’m an enormous lover of literature, particularly that from East Asia and Eastern Europe. I love surrealism in all it’s varieties, as well as unusual/strange books in general. I also love board gaming, firearms, succulents and general self-education.

Ratings:
85-100: Ideally, would keep these in my cupboard at all times.
75-84: Would gladly drink all of what I have and likely buy more.
60-74: Not going to actively seek it out, but not against trying it again.
50-59: Will finish what I have, but likely won’t revisit.
Below 50: Can’t even finish the cup.

I’m probably not going to be using ratings under 50 much, since I read reviews extensively before buying and can /usually/ tell what I’ll like.

Tyler, Texas