Got a pack of this for Christmas – I’m 100% out of every other kind of chai I had, so I’ve been making this.

This one is definitely heavier on the black pepper than anything else I’ve tried. Not sure I’m a fan, but it’s interesting – the hard bite at the back of your throat after every drink. The peppery-ness combines with a smokey overall taste – possibly the roasted chicory? The cardamom is also a lot stronger than the cinnamon in this one, which isn’t really my style.

It’s nowhere near the quality of the other chai I’ve had, but it’s decent when there’s nothing else!

Boiling 8 min or more

I’m a literature major in East Texas who only recently decided to get into tea! I have no idea why I waited so long, but I am diving headlong into it.

Besides tea stuff, I’m an enormous lover of literature, particularly that from East Asia and Eastern Europe. I love surrealism in all it’s varieties, as well as unusual/strange books in general. I also love board gaming, firearms, succulents and general self-education.

Ratings:
85-100: Ideally, would keep these in my cupboard at all times.
75-84: Would gladly drink all of what I have and likely buy more.
60-74: Not going to actively seek it out, but not against trying it again.
50-59: Will finish what I have, but likely won’t revisit.
Below 50: Can’t even finish the cup.

I’m probably not going to be using ratings under 50 much, since I read reviews extensively before buying and can /usually/ tell what I’ll like.

Tyler, Texas