drank Grapefruit Dragon by Butiki Teas

The smell of the leaves is strong! Like a very juicy grapefruit with a very slight grassy, meadow-like scent. It’s a really powerful smell, so I have this guy separated off from my other tea in fear of him scenting the others.

Brewed, the grapefruit smell tones down a lot and more of the green comes out. It smells to me like a really smooth grapefruit bread might! On the first sip I kind of got that too – almost a baked good sort of taste, reminds me of a very green meadow, creamy and nicely sweet on its own with a light grapefruit aftertaste and tart.

There’s an excellent balance between the Dragonwell and the grapefruit flavor (I was initially a little wary it might be as full-on juice-like as the dry smell was). This feels like a really natural sort of drink – something you’d want by your side whenever you’re surrounded by expansive gardens and greenery.

CrowKettle

The dry leaf smell made me nervous at first too. It’s so strong! I love the imagery at the end.

Comments

CrowKettle

I’m a literature major in East Texas who only recently decided to get into tea! I have no idea why I waited so long, but I am diving headlong into it.

Besides tea stuff, I’m an enormous lover of literature, particularly that from East Asia and Eastern Europe. I love surrealism in all it’s varieties, as well as unusual/strange books in general. I also love board gaming, firearms, succulents and general self-education.

Ratings:
85-100: Ideally, would keep these in my cupboard at all times.
75-84: Would gladly drink all of what I have and likely buy more.
60-74: Not going to actively seek it out, but not against trying it again.
50-59: Will finish what I have, but likely won’t revisit.
Below 50: Can’t even finish the cup.

I’m probably not going to be using ratings under 50 much, since I read reviews extensively before buying and can /usually/ tell what I’ll like.

Tyler, Texas