drank Yu Lu Yan Cha Black by Verdant Tea

The smell as I poured it was like a warm, buttery potato.

It’s definitely unique! There’s nothing astringent, it has a wonderful honey sweetness, the potato taste comes with an overall “meal” taste to me (like it’s a nice big meal of potato and roasted veggies). Most of the chocolate notes hit at the end for me too, so it’s like dessert! There are so many tastes going on in it, but they come together in such a smooth, delicious way.

Tabby

Thanks for the follow-back! I saw the Hoppip and just had to add you.

Chizakura

Hmm, I’m beginning to think my 2 minute steep must’ve been too long. Everyone’s talking about honey, and how sweet it is, whereas this was so peppery for me aside from the chocolate note I got, it definitely wasn’t sweet.

Comments

Tabby

Thanks for the follow-back! I saw the Hoppip and just had to add you.

Chizakura

I’m a literature major in East Texas who only recently decided to get into tea! I have no idea why I waited so long, but I am diving headlong into it.

Besides tea stuff, I’m an enormous lover of literature, particularly that from East Asia and Eastern Europe. I love surrealism in all it’s varieties, as well as unusual/strange books in general. I also love board gaming, firearms, succulents and general self-education.

Ratings:
85-100: Ideally, would keep these in my cupboard at all times.
75-84: Would gladly drink all of what I have and likely buy more.
60-74: Not going to actively seek it out, but not against trying it again.
50-59: Will finish what I have, but likely won’t revisit.
Below 50: Can’t even finish the cup.

I’m probably not going to be using ratings under 50 much, since I read reviews extensively before buying and can /usually/ tell what I’ll like.

Tyler, Texas