Having what I had left of this sample iced! The dry leaves still smell very fragrant, but it’s about eight months old now and I think I should finish it off.

The toastiness is still nice and robust, the orange/fruitiness is less pronounced than I remember (probably due to age), but it’s still a very decent oolong and still has the crispness I noticed in my earlier note. Moderate astringency that dries out the mouth afterwards, but not unpleasantly.

I’m a literature major in East Texas who only recently decided to get into tea! I have no idea why I waited so long, but I am diving headlong into it.

Besides tea stuff, I’m an enormous lover of literature, particularly that from East Asia and Eastern Europe. I love surrealism in all it’s varieties, as well as unusual/strange books in general. I also love board gaming, firearms, succulents and general self-education.

Ratings:
85-100: Ideally, would keep these in my cupboard at all times.
75-84: Would gladly drink all of what I have and likely buy more.
60-74: Not going to actively seek it out, but not against trying it again.
50-59: Will finish what I have, but likely won’t revisit.
Below 50: Can’t even finish the cup.

I’m probably not going to be using ratings under 50 much, since I read reviews extensively before buying and can /usually/ tell what I’ll like.

Tyler, Texas