drank Strawberry Cream by Zen Tea

Another Zen Tea sample. I broke into this as something I wanted for dessert. The last cup of tea for the night! When I opened it I got a burst of berry… chocolate? Definitely smelled like chocolate which is really off-putting for me because, call me crazy, I don’t care for chocolate that much.

When I went to pour the leaves into the infuser I was not impressed by the look of the leaves either, it didn’t do much to calm my nerves. I saw a lot of dark leaves, and the strawberries looked dark too. At this point I’m wondering if I should have gone with a different tea that I’m comfortable with and saved being adventurous for another day.

I followed the recommended instructions, put the boiling water to the leaves for 3 minutes, then added some sugar and milk when it got in my cup. It smells a lot more like strawberry cream now, which is good.

Took a sip and yeah, this is strawberry cream alright. Unfortunately though, something just feels missing to me. It’s a really subdued mild flavor when I guess I was wanting something a bit more tart. Less cream, more strawberry. Next time I try this I’ll hold off on the milk and sugar and see what I get. For now I’m just a bit underwhelmed.

Not much too say. I love tea! Especially greens and oolong. I also really enjoy the occasional fruity tea, but really I’m up to try anything.! …Well except earl grey, I really don’t like bergamot.

When I first joined I usually always forgot to finish my last sip of tea leaving it cold and alone, destined for the drain. Nowadays I still leave the last couple sips of tea. I really drink my cups slowly, HOWEVER, I almost always finish my cups now, even if they are room temperature.

Minnesota