drank Honeybush by Tazo

This is my first honeybush tea. The box says it’s honeybush and “other natural flavors,” whatever that means! I used 1 teabag in 8 oz of boiling water, steeped for 5 minutes. The unadulterated tea is slightly woody, with a sweet finish. I added 1 tsp of splenda, and wow – the sweetness really takes off! It tastes strongly of honey with just a little sweetening, and the woodiness disappears. I detect a little vanilla, and there could be some other herbal like chamomile in there, I’m not sure. It’s quite lovely. I do question how often I would want a tea of this sort, as it is a bit mild, but I think it will make a great “under the weather” tea.

I’m pretty new to the world of tea! I took up tea drinking to help control my coffee consumption, but it seems that I have just created another sort of monster!

I like strong flavors and bold teas. My favorites types include Scottish Breakfast, Earl Grey, and roasted mate. I have recently discovered a love for dessert teas, and my obsession with mint is ongoing.

I am a professional singer, and I’ve had a habit of drinking peppermint and throat coat teas leading up to any performance. I have too many cats and too many hobbies. I blog about sewing and knitting my own clothes (and, most recently, about tea!)

Louisville, Kentucky