I threw this in with my David’s order, as it contained all my favorite things – namely cinnamon and peppercorns. I love cinnamon, and I love the bite of peppercorns. I failed to notice that this was a green, so I was slightly disappointed when it arrived. I like the option of milk in spicy teas, but I don’t put milk in green tea.

I’ve had it twice now. The first time I let it go 6 minutes and it was probably a bit oversteeped. The second, at 4.5 minutes, was just right. The tea is strongly cinnamon – that is certainly the strongest element! With no sugar, the tea has a bit of a dry, bitter edge (I think that’s the peppercorns.) It disappears with sugar. This tea lacks the natural sweetness of some cinnamon teas (Harney’s hot cinnamon spice, for example.) I don’t taste the tea at all. The base could have been anything, because all I get is cinnamon!

This tea is just ok for me. I loooove cinnamon, and I think I expected something more like the Harney tea. I do like that it has less caffeine than black tea. I took it with me to class today, where it kept me awake through a friday, but I was still able to nap later.

On the other hand, if you want to drink more green tea this might be a way to start! I’m not a huge green fan, mostly because I like strong flavors, and this one satisfies me. A great valentine’s tea, very pretty to look at, and it’s different from all the chocolate flavors.

I’m pretty new to the world of tea! I took up tea drinking to help control my coffee consumption, but it seems that I have just created another sort of monster!

I like strong flavors and bold teas. My favorites types include Scottish Breakfast, Earl Grey, and roasted mate. I have recently discovered a love for dessert teas, and my obsession with mint is ongoing.

I am a professional singer, and I’ve had a habit of drinking peppermint and throat coat teas leading up to any performance. I have too many cats and too many hobbies. I blog about sewing and knitting my own clothes (and, most recently, about tea!)

Louisville, Kentucky