Honestly, I wasn’t expecting to like this. I thought I didn’t care for lemon in tea, and darjeeling isn’t my absolute favorite (I like black teas with some heft – delicacy is lost on me!)

The aroma of the tea is a bit medicinal – the lemon is sharp! Without additions it tastes mostly of lemon, with the caramel falling behind. I think this tea is better with milk, which rounds out the sharpness of the lemon. The caramel tastes like vanilla to me, which isn’t a bad thing. The tea has a bit of a soapy or perfumey taste, which I personally really enjoy.

As I was drinking it, the tea seemed familiar. I couldn’t think what it reminded me of, and then I remembered – Lady Grey! I ran right out and bought a box of Twinings Lady Grey, which I have been enjoying ever since. If you like Lady Grey teas I think you would like this, although I have to admit I prefer the sharper taste of the Lady Grey to this tea. I don’t think I’m going to buy anymore, but I’m very happy that it led me back to one of my favorites!

LiberTEAS

This is one of my favorites from Harney. Whenever I order from them, I end up putting this and some Paris in my cart!

Comments

LiberTEAS

I’m pretty new to the world of tea! I took up tea drinking to help control my coffee consumption, but it seems that I have just created another sort of monster!

I like strong flavors and bold teas. My favorites types include Scottish Breakfast, Earl Grey, and roasted mate. I have recently discovered a love for dessert teas, and my obsession with mint is ongoing.

I am a professional singer, and I’ve had a habit of drinking peppermint and throat coat teas leading up to any performance. I have too many cats and too many hobbies. I blog about sewing and knitting my own clothes (and, most recently, about tea!)

Louisville, Kentucky