I got this as a sample from my best friend’s mom. My best friend lived with me for a month last year and we had tea together every night after dinner. I inundated her with any tea I could find that sounded interesting in the hopes that she (a coffee drinker) would convert to the fabulous world of tea and it (mostly) worked. She’s been sharing her teas with her mom lately, and I hate that I live so far away now because TEA PARTY!!!

ahem

This tea smells and tastes like orange. The first few sips hit you in the back of the throat with a citrus flavor that progresses throughout your whole mouth. It’s not bad, but it comes across as very acidic to me, going bitter as it cools. I don’t hate this tea, and I can easily see where it would be good in blends, but I doubt it’s something I’d keep stocked. A very nice true-to-it’s-name blend though.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 12 OZ / 354 ML

I became interested in tea spring 2013, when some friends of mine brought me to a local tea shop. I’ve been experimenting since, and am absolutely in love! I am especially fond of blended teas, and I’m a sucker for gimicky flavors.

My cupboard is stocked with a lot of DAVIDsTEA at the present, although I do have a few teas from some local shops. I’m looking forward to branching out and trying teas from different vendors and shops. Let the journey begin!