This was sort of a cheater sipdown. I usually steep everything twice partly because most of my teas seem to hold up well to a second steeping and partly because I’m cheap and this helps me justify the cost of my tea.

With this tea, though, I just couldn’t bring myself to resteep.

Oh, the flavor is spot on. It’s very orange and very chocolate. The flavors just don’t meld for me; the whole thing was just too sharp. So I dug out the biggest cup I have, added a tiny bit of sugar, steeped the little bit I had left, and gulped.

Turns out, this one isn’t terrible if you sweeten and understeep. And, turns out, I don’t feel as guilty as I expected to, only steeping this one once. The cabinet space more than makes up for it…

Boiling 4 min, 0 sec 3 tsp 16 OZ / 473 ML
jeweledthumb

If it makes you feel any better, I tend to not resteep herbals anyway.

Comments

jeweledthumb

If it makes you feel any better, I tend to not resteep herbals anyway.

I became interested in tea spring 2013, when some friends of mine brought me to a local tea shop. I’ve been experimenting since, and am absolutely in love! I am especially fond of blended teas, and I’m a sucker for gimicky flavors.

My cupboard is stocked with a lot of DAVIDsTEA at the present, although I do have a few teas from some local shops. I’m looking forward to branching out and trying teas from different vendors and shops. Let the journey begin!