Tea is a disk with a ridge across the diametre (like those pills that you can cut in half for a smaller dose). Brewed in gaiwan, ten second rinse.

Dry, I think I can smell the mushroom.

See below for my teatra.de blog ramble about my adventures into Chinatown to obtain this tea and others. Comes with photos!

First steep: Ten Seconds
There’s a deep, very unique smell, slightly spicy savoury. Brewed ink-black, just like the rinse.
Taste isn’t nearly as strong as the smell. Deep, earthy, puehr taste—rounded out a touch savoury, and think I’m getting a bit of astringency in the back as well. Don’t actually know what bamboo, this particular mushroom, nor chrysanthemum taste like (last one: would except floral). Savoury taste probably from the second, maybe even the first. I had a fear that it would tasted “herbal remedy” ish, but that is not the case. There’s a heavyness almost like coffee (saying this having only drunk it once or twice), without the bitterness. Perhaps the ‘roasted’ aspect? Hrm.

Second Steep: Ten Seconds
Sort of forgot about this one and so it cooled considerably before I drank it. A bit sharper, I think—but that might just be because I started drinking it later. Still savoury, earthy. Possibly a bit flatter. Hmm.

Third Steep: Fifteen Seconds
Accidentally let this one go for an extra five seconds.
Taste is sharper, mouth-feel maybe slightly gritty. Still, as always, savoury, maybe not quite as potent as the earlier steeps (done last night).

Fourth Steep: Ten Seconds
Less sharp, overall less potent. Still good.

Fifth Steep: Ten Seconds
Not much change, becoming weaker still.

Sixth Steep: Ten Seconds
The savoury essence has worn off, but the tea is still there. Still brewing rather dark.

Seventh Steep: Ten Seconds
Looks like it’s reaching the end of it’s life, here.

Boiling