drank No. 23 Kandy by Steven Smith Teamaker

I was just about to watch out of Chapters when I realized they’d started carrying Steven Smith again. Only two blacks, two greens and two herbals, of course. But they had Kandy, which they hadn’t had the last time; I almost walked out with another box of Lord Bergamot too, but decided I didn’t feel like dumping ALL my money on tea and books today.

Hadn’t had this one yet, though it was on my list. I do occasionally like plain Ceylon blends. I still miss Tealicious’ Scottish Delight. This one isn’t quite as strong as that, and and I amused myself while sitting it and thinking that it reminded me more of Murchie’s Uva Highland, before realizing that’s one of the teas listed on the back. Probably a coincidence, because I don’t ACTUALLY have the ability to tell the difference between Ceylon growing regions.

It’s not quite as sharp as some Ceylons can be. Light, but definitely still strong, but sharp, honeyed. Kandy aint a bad name.

Boiling 5 min, 0 sec 1 tsp 8 OZ / 236 ML