drank Irish Breakfast by Twinings

I suppose I don’t have enough “experience” drinking tea to properly distinguish flavours, but I tried!

It smelt and tasted, at first, just like ‘basic tea’ for me. To which I mean black. But after a few sips I kind of began to taste a maltyness (at least I’m assuming that’s what it was that made my tongue tingle a bit, ant it trailed off into the aftertaste which was interesting).

I decided to grab a bag (oh dear, the bagged stuff, yes I know but that’s all I had on me) this morning due to teaplz’s note about the piratyness of it. My mind went, “Pirates? HECK YES.” So I went tearing through my Twinings Variety Pack in search of one.

I sipped it a little before adding anything to see what I could taste, but I didn’t really start to TASTE anything until I added a bit of creamed honey and milk. I wish I knew what the heck I was tasting. Maltyness, mmm. And some sort of black peppery spicyness? It woke me up nicely, though. Maybe I’ve just burnt my taste buds one too many times on really hot tea and cocoa over the years, and now I just can’t taste anything anymore.

I think it would go over better if I had a plate of scrambled eggs and sausage in front of me too. Definitely breakfasty.

fcmonroe

Gotta love any review that mentions pirates!