drank Warmth – Cinnamon Spice by Tetley

I have no idea how old this is. I wanted tea, but it’s late and I want to actually SLEEP tonight, so I dug through my mother’s freezer (she keeps all her opened and unopened teas in there, tsk tsk) and came across this. The little jar was open, and half of the bags were littered around the freezer, but I thought “why not”.

First off, as soon as I picked up the container I could smell the cinnamon. WOW cinnamon. And it’s not just the smell—cinnamon dust coats my fingers and everything else.

Brewed, sixish minutes I think. Dear god the cinnamon. I took one sniff and thought, “crap I nevermind, I don’t want cinnamon tonight”, but I can’t bring myself to dump it…

Initial sip, tastes… like water, and maybe slightly woody? Nothing else—every time, the cinnamon doesn’t kick in until it slides down the back of your throat, and then it’s quite strong (and trails into the aftertaste for a bit). I think I can taste cloves in there too. Surprisingly, I’m tasting no orange… Perhaps it’s been ruined by the freezer. Oh wait—I think I can smell a bit of orange if I exhale, but not taste it…

Not as strong as it smells, luckily. I’m sure it would taste better if it hadn’t been lying around open in the freezer. It’s not bad. I don’t know if I should give a rating on this because of the condition I found the bags in. Everyone else seems to have liked it, and I don’t DISlike it.