drank English Breakfast by Twinings

I find when I sniff this tea, it makes me think of honey. I don’t think it REALLY smells like honey (maybe faintly), so I assume it’s just my mind going “this needs honey”.

That’s not to say that it actually NEEDS it. I’m still drinking it without, and I like it. It’s a basic morning breakfast tea. Wakes me up. Gently! And doesn’t require any additives; it’s only slightly sharp-tasting. It’s basic; I don’t love or hate it, and it goes good with morning foods. I’m drinking it bagged sadly, as no places in my area sell it loose leaf, that I know of.

Gander

Bagged version isn’t half bad! :-) I like this tea also; I prefer Irish Breakfast but I have that with a splash of milk. But this, I feel like it’s pretty good either straight or with milk. Or, honey, like you said. Very basic and versatile tea!
I can’t find it loose leaf from my local grocery store either, so when I want loose leaf I order online from the twinings usa website. It’s only $4.49 for a 100g (4oz) tin http://www.twiningsusashop.com/black-tea.html ; the only issue is that shipping isn’t all that cheap, so I do bulk orders… or you could buy them at amazon.com too, except that I think they sell only 6 packs. Bleh.

AJ

Bah, the shipping is probably even worse for Canada. Plus, it’s got a minimum of $14 orders… Hmm. Sadly, I do everything by paypal and so I can’t use Amazon.

AJ

…Huh. Okay, don’t surround words with dashes, it causes it to cross them out.

Comments

Gander

AJ

…Huh. Okay, don’t surround words with dashes, it causes it to cross them out.

A tea-drinking transgendered Canadian, currently in the third year of college, majoring in geology (yes, “rocks and things”). I take most of my tea made straight into a mug, although occasionally if I’m not in a hurry (this isn’t often), I’ll have time to sit down with a pot. It’s the highlight of a good day if I have time for a pot.

When I was a kid, I used to experiment by ripping open bags of Tetley’s and stuffing in extra ingredients.

I prefer Earl Grey, and a good friend of mine (who considers himself a great tea enthusiast) hates me because of it. I cannot explain his irrational hatred of bergamot.

BC, Canada