drank Refresh (Filter bag version) by Tazo

Ooookay! Steeped this one to taste, which was somewhere between thirty seconds and forty-five. I knew any longer than that and I wouldn’t be able to stand it. I used the still-hot water from the rooibos, and it was at a drinkable temperature already, so it probably wasn’t very hot at all.

First thing first, I reeeeeally haaaate mint. Mint gum, ew. After-dinner mints make my skin crawl. I don’t like the artificial cold feeling. Bleeeech. I’ve only ever liked spearmint, in that pink gum. Which probably isn’t actually what spearmint TASTES like.

This is okay at thirty-seconds in warm, almost-hot water. It smells STRONGLY of peppermint (I know, I’ve had that stuff growing in my garden for years). I think I can make out the tarragon. Liquorishy. Which actually doesn’t go too bad. Faint.

Makes my breath feel cool and minty like mouthwash, but not TOO bad. I doubt I’d be able to drink this if it were any stronger. At any rate, since I dislike mint so strongly (although this tea’s okay—brisk), I don’t think it proper that I give this a rating. I’m too strongly biased.

wombatgirl

Ok, so I have to ask.. this is definitively a mint tea. If you don’t like mint, why were you drinking it? Was it one of those “maybe I won’t dislike this one” attempts, or were you hoping you’d get more tarragon than mint? If this is coming across as snarky, I don’t mean that at all.. I’m just curious.

AJ

It was a cross between “I’ve got some in my cupboard, I might as well drink it” and “I need something hot and uncaffeinated to drink”. Plus, “if I make this weak enough maybe it’ll taste like cooling liquorish”.

wombatgirl

Got it. :) I’ve found myself in similar situations. (Especially now when I’m travelling, I get this one.. “well, I want tea, and there’s only these three here. And they all look icky. Maybe if I…” )

Comments

wombatgirl

AJ