drank Marco Polo by Mariage Frères

This’ the last of this, and to that, I shed a tear.

I couldn’t remember if I’d tried this with milk and sugar yet, although I vaguely remember an instance in which I added too much, so I decided to add a bit to my first cup from the pot. Just a very small splash, and a touch of sugar. It doesn’t need much, and the milk makes it as smooth as silk. It’s actually very enjoyable this way—all the flavours come through quite strongly. Perhaps even moreso than without the additions. Very delicious, even if I think processed white sugar has a weird taste to it. I prefer honey, but I think that would disrupt the flavours here.

So I’ll be removing this from my cupboard, because my tin is now empty (although I plan to resteep, at least), but this’ still on my shopping list.

Taking the rest of this without sugar or milk. Mm. This cup came out slightly strong, since I was using up all the rest of it, and most of it was quite a lot of small leafcrumbs. Thus, perhaps just a tad bitter without milk, although it’s oddly bitter but smooth on the tongue.

Thanks again to the quiet life for sending this one to me.