drank Paris by Harney & Sons

Made two mugs of this for me and my mother, except that I couldn’t even take a sip of mine. I was reduced mostly to a small amount of gingerale at a time with a drool-cloth held below my chin. So my tea went completely cold. I microwaved it (I hate microwaving tea, it gives it a funny taste), and have been sipping it now. Slowly. Just because I’ve got a little more feeling back and it’s easier to handle now.

See, I just got all four wisdom teeth out. I’ve got a mug of tea and a mug of chicken noodle soup. The soup is still very hot (although I can’t tell when I drink it due to numbness) so I’m letting it sit until it seems cool enough to drink. Until then, mmm Paris tea. It still tastes delicious even through the numbness and the taste of blood and gauze. Isn’t that a pleasant image? I think it is.

My tin of bags is almost out too, aaaah. I need to pop over to Chapters and pick up another tin. If they aren’t sold out. They sell out quickly. If only Chapters sold loose-leaf tea to go with all their loose-leaf tea accessories, but no. They sell loose-leaf tea accessories, and only bagged teas.

Rabs

Glad to hear that your surgery went well! :)

__Morgana__

I remember having all mine out at the same time, and all but one of them were impacted. Ugh. I looked like a chipmunk for days with all the swelling. Terrific fun. I sympathize.

AJ

All four of mine were impacted. Last I checked I didn’t look like a chipmunk, but my face is quite narrow, so I suppose it takes a lot before it looks “puffy”.

Eerf, the T3 they gave me isn’t doing much, though. I think it’s time for tea and very soft easy-to-swallow-like-jello scrambled eggs for breakfast.

__Morgana__

Best to take the T3 and then try to sleep. Since you’re not eating solid food, the T3 can make you woozy and dizzy. I remember it doing that to me.

AJ

Well, I quickly upgraded to almost-solid food (small soup noodles that can be swallowed whole without chewing); so far I’ve had no woozy sideeffects.

Comments

Rabs

Glad to hear that your surgery went well! :)

AJ

A tea-drinking transgendered Canadian, currently in the third year of college, majoring in geology (yes, “rocks and things”). I take most of my tea made straight into a mug, although occasionally if I’m not in a hurry (this isn’t often), I’ll have time to sit down with a pot. It’s the highlight of a good day if I have time for a pot.

When I was a kid, I used to experiment by ripping open bags of Tetley’s and stuffing in extra ingredients.

I prefer Earl Grey, and a good friend of mine (who considers himself a great tea enthusiast) hates me because of it. I cannot explain his irrational hatred of bergamot.

BC, Canada