drank Earl Grey by Hazo

High Tea Soul Calibur.

I went grocery shopping with my mother in order to get out of the house. It consisted mostly of her and her friends poking fun at my swollen face. Hah hah.

But I came across Soul Calibur IV for fifteen bucks, so we picked that up too as well as a giant box of assorted cookies, miniature buns and ham, etcetera etcetera. Thus when I got home, I brewed up a large pot of Earl Grey, and made a giant platter of tea biscuits and mini sandwiches.

Sadly I didn’t think it through as much as I probably should, seeing as I’m not technically supposed to be eating full on chewable solids yet. I can’t open my jaw wide enough, it hurts, and worst of all, my face is still too swollen, so everything gets stuck. Yes. Ew. You’re supposed to be able to clean it out, but you can’t if everything’s still swollen OVER. Yummy.

But it was delicious, and I played lots and lots of Soul Calibur and drank lots and lots of tea and ate lots and lots of little sandwiches and many cookies softened by the afore mentioned delicious earl grey tea.

Also, fighting Yoda sucks because half of the attacks fly right over his short little head.

This tea is still my favourite earl grey, and I am, regretfully, running low on it. And I was at Winners a while ago and saw another tin of it that had been reduced to three dollars (because someone had opened the tin itself, although not the bag inside the tin that contained the actual tea). But I told myself not to because I hadn’t finished this one.

A tea-drinking transgendered Canadian, currently in the third year of college, majoring in geology (yes, “rocks and things”). I take most of my tea made straight into a mug, although occasionally if I’m not in a hurry (this isn’t often), I’ll have time to sit down with a pot. It’s the highlight of a good day if I have time for a pot.

When I was a kid, I used to experiment by ripping open bags of Tetley’s and stuffing in extra ingredients.

I prefer Earl Grey, and a good friend of mine (who considers himself a great tea enthusiast) hates me because of it. I cannot explain his irrational hatred of bergamot.

BC, Canada