drank Pu Erh by Tea Desire

It’s recommended that you do the fifteen-second initialrinsingsteep. Which I did! However, I am still holding that initial steep. I figure, it’s there, I might as well try it. The tea leaves will still be in the infuser for the “Real Steep” when I get back.

The smell of the tea is… oriental. Which seems like a weird description, but really, I sniff it and it reminds me of Japanese foods. Sushi and whatnot. Ooh, pleasant. It’s also not as inky-coffee-black as people described. Just a good, dark tea colour.

First sip is fishy and earthy. Not… not in a bad way? Sort of coffeeish. Very earthy. It’s nit bitter, but is sort’ve charcoaly.

Second steep (20 seconds) managed, somehow, to be DARKER than the first. Smells the same though. Taste is similar, but a bit different—slightly more black tea-like, while still retaining the earthyness. Almost bitter, but somehow still smooth.

Cofftea

Haha note to self: attempting to read and decipher “initialrinsingsteep” gives me a headache lol :)

Cofftea

I often get teas that are darker on the 2nd steep. It just means the leaf amount/water amount/water temp/steeping time ratio left more liquor left in the steeped leaves than in the 1st decanted infusion.

Comments

Cofftea

I prefer Earl Greys.