drank Cream of Earl Grey by Tea Desire

Dropped the temperature a bit. The smell of the bergamot is stronger, finally holding its own against the other flavours. Now it REALLY smells delicious. Like candy. Sugary and fruity and vanillay.

The tea base is still there, but the lower temperature has made it less bitter and sharp, so it now blends much better with the other flavours. Still, the base could be better. The temperature change only does so much.

Daniel McCash

first time I had this tea was at Great Wall. The smell of the cup really captures your senses, I found, making it a really easy tea to immediately enjoy. An easy recommendation to make to people that are used to steeping the same brand every morning (we can call them “normies”) haha

AJ

This (Tea Desire’s) version is much different from the Great Wall’s. Great Wall’s is I guess what one could consider a “True Cream Earl Grey” (in my opinion, and I enjoy it a lot more), while this one is really a strongly floral tea with vanilla and bergamot more as afterthoughts.

Daniel McCash

so you’re a regular at Great Wall too? Maybe we’ve already met in person! If I may ask, what is your favorite cup from them? (so far)

Comments

Daniel McCash

AJ

Daniel McCash

A tea-drinking transgendered Canadian, currently in the third year of college, majoring in geology (yes, “rocks and things”). I take most of my tea made straight into a mug, although occasionally if I’m not in a hurry (this isn’t often), I’ll have time to sit down with a pot. It’s the highlight of a good day if I have time for a pot.

When I was a kid, I used to experiment by ripping open bags of Tetley’s and stuffing in extra ingredients.

I prefer Earl Grey, and a good friend of mine (who considers himself a great tea enthusiast) hates me because of it. I cannot explain his irrational hatred of bergamot.

BC, Canada