drank Cream of Earl Grey by Tea Desire

I’ve concluded that the prominent taste in this seems to be the rose. Which would explain why it tastes a bit like the earl grey with rose tea I purchased and disliked some time ago.

I find I am not much of a rose fan. Perhaps picking the dried petals out will reduce the flavour… I get hints of bergamot and vanilla in the aftertaste, but no jasmine. The bourbon is in there fairly strongly as well.

Seeing as this is a Cream of Earl Grey, I’d hoped the bergamot and vanilla cream flavours would be the most prominent. Although it is an interesting take. I should try a second steep of this; see if any other flavours take over in it. And next time I have a cup, pick out all the rose petals and see if it makes a difference.

On another note, yesterday while drinking Irish Cream, I figured out the perfect temp/time pairing to overcome the horrible black tea base Tea Desire uses in their flavoured teas. Hurrah!