Oh, delicious maple! How I have missed you.

I bought a nice 100g bag of this this time around, along with a 50g bag of caramel rooibos. She was also selling some Revolution teas (which I have not been able to find ANYWHERE, so I was quite surprised); buy one, get one free. So I finally get to check Lavender Earl Grey off of my shopping list, and also got a box of White Pear free. I also wandered by the used book store and left my name and contact in case they come across a copy of The Scarlet Pimpernel, which I have been pursuing for a while. Also wandered into my favourite comicbook store, but didn’t end up buying anything. I had meant to ask if I could put in an order for some comics not normally sold in this country (copyright complications, you see), but I forgot the information I had written down for them—ISBN and all that. Sad.

All in all, it was a good day.

Of course, I don’t hear the timer go off and thus oversteep it. I don’t know by how long.

Somehow the full Due South theme seems appropriate to listen to while sipping this.

♪ You can walk a hundred-thousand miles and never find a home. You always knew one day you’d have to strike out on your own. You look up to the clouds and you can see which way the wind is blowin’. ♪

Just as I remember it, and I don’t seem to have oversteeped it too badly. Nice, strong, maple flavour on a fantastic base. Delicious. No sugar needed, and it’s got a touch of sweetness on its own.

Due South, that’s the way I’m goin’, due south. ♪

Every time I pass tea-aisles in stores, I look at their maple flavoured teas, but in the end, I’m glad I hold out and try to ignore them because this is always divine. I’ll try not to oversteep it next time.

Boiling

A tea-drinking transgendered Canadian, currently in the third year of college, majoring in geology (yes, “rocks and things”). I take most of my tea made straight into a mug, although occasionally if I’m not in a hurry (this isn’t often), I’ll have time to sit down with a pot. It’s the highlight of a good day if I have time for a pot.

When I was a kid, I used to experiment by ripping open bags of Tetley’s and stuffing in extra ingredients.

I prefer Earl Grey, and a good friend of mine (who considers himself a great tea enthusiast) hates me because of it. I cannot explain his irrational hatred of bergamot.

BC, Canada