I was half-tempted to pick out the little caramel blocks and eat them. I was able to resist.

Dry, it has a strong, buttery caramel smell, with a smokey woodsyness underneath. The smell is similar brewed, though slightly sweeter and more woodsy.

It’s a very mild taste. I’m inexperienced with rooibos’, but it’s a mild, pleasant wood-and-caramel mix. It’s got a coffee-like element to it, which might be the caramel. The sort of dark smokeyness that I’m getting, or something.

A tea-drinking transgendered Canadian, currently in the third year of university, majoring in geology (yes, “rocks and things”). I take most of my tea made straight into a mug, although occasionally if I’m not in a hurry (this isn’t often), I’ll have time to sit down with a pot or gaiwan. It’s the highlight of a good day.

My notes are pretty disjointed because I’m a fairly absent-minded individual, and I also keep a teatra.de blog for reviewing and rambling about tea books/publications.

And I’m a Doctor Who fanatic (Jon Pertwee, if you were wondering).

BC, Canada