drank Troika by Kusmi Tea

Smells like an earl grey, although brighter, a bit—I think I can pick out the sweetness of the mandarin orange. But there’s also a strong tea smell in there as well, which I like.

FIrst sip… Is tea and mandarin, actually. The mandarin is very mild, but it’s the first of the citruses to pop out at me.

As it cools, I’m getting the bergamot. No orange anymore. It’s devolved! Aaaah!

I keep telling myself to wait, and let it cool more, so I can make a few notes on the changing flavour, but I keep sipping it hot.

The mandarin’s slipping back in, as an aftertaste on the edge of my tongue. This is a very mild, afternoon sort of tea, I think. I enjoy earl greys, but I don’t think I have the palate to pick this apart like many Grand Earl Grey Drinkers (which I’m sure exist!). Still, I love earl grey variations. Mmm. Bit of a drying astringency in there as well.

I’m giving this a tentative rating, a “I’m not sure what my opinion is yet, this will probably change; let’s put it above this, but below this for now, because that looks safe”.

Also, this is my first Kusmi Tea! I was so happy to find it amongst the others, because I’ve been very interested in trying Kusmi. Especially their Russian blends. I want to collect ALL of their Russian blends, but can’t bring myself to flood my Shopping List with them. I’ve found a store downtown that is supposed to sell them, so I may be getting more soon.

Second steep has a stronger orange taste. Weaker tea and bergamot, so it pokes through more.