drank Raspberry Nectar by Tea Forte

Smells like hibiscus. Which is… KIND of a rasberryish smell?

First few sips, I’m getting a surprisingly un-hibiscusy sour taste. Don’t know what it is.

I can’t, for the life of me, understand why hibiscus is at the TOP of the ingredients list in all these kinds of blends. It’s too powerful, put more of the actual intended flavours in. As it cooled I only got hibiscus.

I ALMOST think I taste raspberry, but I’m not sure. It was mentioned to try this iced, and I guess I probably should. Still, it’s a very pretty shade of red.

The tea’s cooled, and I’m starting to pick up a bit more raspberry.

Jillian

Bleh, I’ll remember to avoid that tea – all those horribly tart hibiscus blends need to go die in a fire. >:(

AJ

It got a bit sweeter and less tart as it cooled, but I really don’t seem to have any ability to pick out anything from fruit teas but hibiscus.

Jillian

The problem is likley that so many tea companies ‘cheat’ by adding hibiscus to replicate the flavours of tart fruits like raspberry and pomegranate – problem is, it still all ends up tasting like hibiscus.

Cuuurse them!

I think it would be okay if hibiscus WASN’T the first ingredient in every fruit blend. Putting in less hibiscus than the other flavours, so it would just add a but more tart instead of being the focus.

Comments

Jillian

Cuuurse them!