I’ve been gone for over two weeks, due to internet problems. We were switching providers. …Didn’t work out too well, so we ended up without internet for a time. But it’s all good now.

In that time, I ran out of one tea and picked up two new ones. Both from the organic market near my work. I love that place. It’s got such a wide selection of teas. Mostly all bagged, but still good!

I rather like this one. Brewed, it smells strongly of assam, but sipping it—it’s assam, but not as strong, tempered very well with a bit of ceylon, so it’s bright and bold and quite nice. Would probably hold up very well to tea, I figure.

Once a term at college we have a little Marketplace Setup where local shops sell their wares here. This time around a loose-leaf tea shop set up a booth—the first Canadian storefront for an, apparently, very popular European boutique tea company (Forsman Teas). Although about 90% of the teas contained rose petals (blurg), there were some very good ones in there. But I resisted buying any, because I’d just gotten two teas already (if I’d known a tea company was set to come, I would have held off on this tea and the other one I got!). I regretted it though, because they had some VERY unique flavour combinations (all of their years are flavoured blacks or greens or black/greens; their 1001 Nights is quite different from any I’ve ever seen before). I wanted to try Northern Lights, which is blueberry and mint black. Very interesting!

Back to THIS tea, though—I like it. From what I understand, they company sells loose leaf as well, but there were none at the place I went. Just these bagged. But they’ve got bagged Russian Caravan! How interesting. I want to pick a box up after I run out, just to try.

Also found a shop downtown that carries Kusmi teas. I plan to make a run there at some point—haven’t made any exact plans when, although I’m starting to drown in teas, so I think I’ll hold off until I finish off a few more of what I’ve got. I’m starting to run low on a few, so it shouldn’t take long.