drank St. Petersburg by Kusmi Tea

I make two-hour-long trips downtown for tea. And I did so again this time, for this little House Decoration store that I learned (through the internet) also sold Kusmi teas. I was planning on buying a bunch of their Russian blends (maybe even the whole Russian giftset), but she was mostly out of them. The ones she WASN’T out of, she had sold out of the tiny tins and only had the HUMONGOUS tins left. So she gave me samples of two, and I bought a third little tin.

This is one of the samples. Although she only gave me two teaspoons, so in order to conserve, I used a level teaspoon full, and 6 ounces of water.

It smells like bergamot and caramel, it tastes like red berries and vanilla. I’m also getting caramel on the tip of my tongue. I think this would benefit from a bit of sugar, as JacquelineM said, but I haven’t any and don’t feel like going upstairs to fetch some. Otherwise, the flavours are very subtle, but still very enjoyable.

I think I will have to get a tin of this, when they come back in stock.

Second steep has a stronger caramel note, followed by the fruit.

A tea-drinking transgendered Canadian, currently in the third year of university, majoring in geology (yes, “rocks and things”). I take most of my tea made straight into a mug, although occasionally if I’m not in a hurry (this isn’t often), I’ll have time to sit down with a pot or gaiwan. It’s the highlight of a good day.

My notes are pretty disjointed because I’m a fairly absent-minded individual, and I also keep a teatra.de blog for reviewing and rambling about tea books/publications.

And I’m a Doctor Who fanatic (Jon Pertwee, if you were wondering).

BC, Canada