drank Russian Evening No. 50 by Kusmi Tea

Drinking this in the morning because one, I drink tea any time of day regardless of its intended timing and two, I don’t for one moment believe that it is “low in caffeine” as the label reads, because as far as teas go, unless it was chemically decaffeinated, those are flimsy, inaccurate statements!

Dry leaf smells quite nice. Keemun’s in there, and I saw a few smaller, rounder chunky leaves that I thought might be a rather dark darjeeling, perhaps.

I plan to drink this as I download a few scientific papers off of the internet. I’m in the process of looking for one in particular, from the Geological Survey of Canada, but it’s proving tricky to locate. I might actually have to go downtown and into my nearest branch.

Brewed, it smells… A bit more like assam, actually. A bit of a honey scent as well.

I’m getting a darjeeling taste mixed in with darker teas. It’s mellow otherwise, and rather nice to sip and work on the computer with, although it’s getting slightly more astringent as it cools. Not unpleasantly so.