I am officially OUT of this tea. I hate a few dustings left in the can that I couldn’t bare to part with, but they’re gone now. Wasn’t even enough for a full cup. I should have just poured the fannings into my LAST cup.

Quite nice. I’ve had good days and bad days with this earl grey. I don’t always love it, but sometimes I make a cup of earl grey and realize I’m not in the mood for it. And I find that bergamot is oddly sensitive to temperatures and steep times, like the tea itself. So I have days where the bergamot just seems unenjoyably bitter on its own.

I never liked this earl grey as much as Hazo’s, but I do like the two for very different reasons. This is certainly a very nice, fruity grey. Today’s cup turned out perfect.

I don’t know what I am going to do with the tin now. Obviously I could still use it for other teas—it’s a perfect little tin—but I can’t bring myself to rip off the tag, and I certainly wouldn’t put ANOTHER company’s earl grey in there. I want to keep the tins as a set. Hum.

A tea-drinking transgendered Canadian, currently in the third year of university, majoring in geology (yes, “rocks and things”). I take most of my tea made straight into a mug, although occasionally if I’m not in a hurry (this isn’t often), I’ll have time to sit down with a pot or gaiwan. It’s the highlight of a good day.

My notes are pretty disjointed because I’m a fairly absent-minded individual, and I also keep a teatra.de blog for reviewing and rambling about tea books/publications.

And I’m a Doctor Who fanatic (Jon Pertwee, if you were wondering).

BC, Canada