drank Yunnan Golden Bud by Life In Teacup

Trying my first sample today. I had a bit of a crisis when I tried to tear open a corner of the package and ended up tearing it RIGHT IN HALF. Luckily I didn’t lose more than one or two leaves, and I happened to have an empty tin to dump the sample into.

The leaves were quite soft, which I wasn’t too sure about.

SMELLS like a Yunnan. I didn’t do any pre-rinse, just sort of threw myself into 1-minute-steeps. First is very mild, but still flavourful, and actually somewhat sweet. I don’t know what to say about it right now, except that it does remind me of the Yunnan I got from Tea Desire (only in that there is some similarity, but I can’t really tell what). It’s sweet, and there’s a sort of pepperyness in with the taste as well.

Second steep, only meant to do a minute and a half but wasn’t paying attention and let it hit two minutes. Ahwell. First sip I get tea sweetness; this steep’s definitely stronger. Still getting the sort of pepper in the aftertaste as well, although I don’t really know if pepper’s the right word for it, it was just the only one I could come up with.

Third steep (three minutes) has lost the sweetness a bit. Still lovely and mild.