drank Tower of London Blend by Harney & Sons

The dry teabag smelt SUSPICIOUSLY like Paris. Probably the “fruit and bergamot” they both share. Brewed, it smells sweeter—less tart than Paris. Probably the drupe fruit used.

In the sips, I think I definitely get some honey. A deep sweetness not tied to any fruit. I can see why it’s gotten quite a few rave reviews. This stuff’s delicious. Although I’m sipping it after eating half a bag of salty chips, which really isn’t helping the taste buds. But even through that, this is rather enjoyable.

I got it from one of those Home stores, that sells kitchen supplies and interesting knick-knacks for the home. They recently started selling loose-leaf Harney and Sons as well (the ONLY PLACE in my area that does so), however they haven’t much to choose from at the moment (English Breakfast, Earl Grey and Bangkok only). The only tea they had that I pondered trying was Bangkok. But I opted for this instead. Next time!

There’s also a definite Parisy taste in it. But still delicious.

A tea-drinking transgendered Canadian, currently in the third year of university, majoring in geology (yes, “rocks and things”). I take most of my tea made straight into a mug, although occasionally if I’m not in a hurry (this isn’t often), I’ll have time to sit down with a pot or gaiwan. It’s the highlight of a good day.

My notes are pretty disjointed because I’m a fairly absent-minded individual, and I also keep a teatra.de blog for reviewing and rambling about tea books/publications.

And I’m a Doctor Who fanatic (Jon Pertwee, if you were wondering).

BC, Canada