drank Hazelnut Truffle by Tea Forte

After some debate, I bought a Hazelnut Truffle stocking stuffer. …For myself.

It didn’t say on the package how many pyramids were in it, but for six (nearly seven) bucks, I figured it had to be three or four, since it had room for that many.

No. It was two. Two. What a rip. The same favours are only five bucks on the site, but retail shop markup’s to be expected I guess.

However, they smelled delicious. Brewed, it’s still a wonderfully strong, sweet nutty smell. Holy crap. However, after I brought the package home, I realized it included rose petals (ick). I smelt a bit of rose in the dry bag, but I’m not getting any from the brewed tea, so I can hope it all goes well. I really need to read packaging more closely.

This has a wonderfully hazelnutty taste. The nut seems to be the main flavour, although I think I get chocolate as well… I’m not sure. I ate a cookie before I started sipping, which might have thrown me off. It may just be the sweetness of the hazelnut. They need to offer this blend in a canister. I’d buy it. And it’s such a STRONG nut flavour too—most nuts added to tea blends, I find, are usually very present, but still in the background. This one is definitely at the forefront.

So I’ve established hazelnut, and possibly truffle. Luckily no sign of the rose petals.

I like the ‘favour’ style of these packages. The christmas ones are meant to be used as stocking stuffers. If there were enough flavours, I’d pick up a bunch as actual stocking stuffers for my family.

Edit: Second steep. Hazelnut flavour is still goin’ strong. Delicious tea. They really need to sell a big tin of it. I’d get it.