Did something crazy and tried this one with milk (blasphemy! Earl grey with milk!); I wanted to see what it would do to the rose. Brewed five minutes so as to add the milk; the rose scent is VERY strong.

It sort of ruins the bergamot (to be expected), however the rose definitely makes it through, but it’s smoother. A bit of agave nectar as well, so the sweetness is from that, but there’s definitely a sort of perfumy taste—although perhaps it’s just the smell that’s interfering. There is definitely A taste that isn’t just the tea, but it’s not bitter. This’ probably the only way I could drink this.

Blech, rose.

Jillian

I usually have my earl greys with milk, but from what I’ve heard Darjeelings don’t go good with any addatives. :(

AJ

It seemed like an odd combination, but I thought I’d try it. It meshes oddly with the bergamot, but overall it’s still the rose that gets me.

Comments

Jillian

AJ