drank Black Pearls by Tea Desire

The photo taken is mine, as this tea is also not on their website.

I brewed this in the glass teapot to watch the leaves unfurl (“agony of the leaves”). I had it sitting on the windowsill so the natural light would filter through the tea. I should film it next time.

This is a dry, strong, spicy tea. The smell is strongly of honey, and there is definitely honey in the taste as well. This is a morning tea. The taste of honey is surprisingly strong. The taste is sort of like a very deep Yunnan. This province is farther east than Yunnan. But there are parallels.

The taste is smoothing out as I sip.

And I’m a Doctor Who fanatic (Jon Pertwee, if you were wondering).

BC, Canada