drank Madame by THE O DOR

I had this tea to go in-shop (although the “to go” didn’t really work out very well, since I stuck around the shop until I finished it). I was very impatient and kept sipping it despite it being too hot still. This left me with a burned tongue, and a little less insight into the actual taste than I’d like.

What I DID get, however, was smoke. Delicious smoke, dark, not burnt. You could smell the fruit, faintly, but I didn’t get much of it in the taste right away (see: burning my tongue). As it cooled there was a pale fruityness. At one point, something a touch tart, perhaps. Either way, it’s going on my shopping list because I’d like to try it again. Smoke and Fruit? Sounds like a genius combination to me.

I bonded with the guy serving the tea, as we both enjoyed smoky teas. “Kindred spirits”, I think he said. We joked about how under appreciated it can be.

He had a set steep time (and temperature, I assume), but I don’t know what they were. Brewed to perfection, though.

That sounds absolutely wonderful! Well, all but the burning-of-the-tongue :P

AJ

They’ve got more than one teablend that contains smoky teas! To the point that on their tea menu, they’ve got a section labelled “Smoky Teas”. I think I should make it my mission to try them all.

I deem that mission “brilliant!” :D

Awesome.

Rabs

AAAAAAAAH! LOVES the new profile pic :D I cannot wait ’til spring!

AJ

Hahahah, I decided I needed a NewWho one for a bit. Mine are always ClassicWho, or an ambiguous shot of the TARDIS.

The preview for spring made me snicker, though. He should do homburgs next.

I’ll probably circle back to the Third Doctor drinking tea in a week or two.