drank Histoire Tibetaine by THE O DOR

I wasn’t paying attention when I steeped this and did five minutes in boiling water, despite the fact that it contains green tea. So there is a chance I oversteeped it.

However, my tongue is still recovering from me burning it yesterday, so if I did, I don’t know how well I’ll be able to taste it.

The leaves smelt of bergamot most strongly, and flowers more secondly.

Brewed, jasmine is coming through. First sip is floral and bergamoty, although muddled—stupid tongue. Yes… definitely a strong floral in there. I think I smell something sweeter, but that seems to be all I’m getting from the vanilla.

Got this at the Urban Tea Merchant yesterday. I pretty much swore off ever getting tinned tea there, because they’re thirty dollars while the same amount of tea in a sealed bag is half that. However! They were having a sale on all of their old tea tins (they have new ones) and Christmas teas (I thought about it, but it looks like they went the usual Christmas Spice way). Plus, you apparently get a few cents off if you bring in an O Dor tin for a refill.

For a full recount of the shenanigans that went down at the shop, one’ll have to read my updated Place review. And believe me, stuff went down. Not particularly good stuff, but I still love the shop itself.

Tea’s cooled, but with that, the taste as become mild… I’m going to go ahead and blame my tongue again. I’m really not picking up any notes of the black or green teas used. I think I’m getting an astringency from somewhere, but hm. Yes, I think it might be from the green. I’ll have to bring my steeping down a bit next time.

Oooh — shennanigans! I’ll have to read that a little bit later…