drank Caramel by Great Wall Tea Company

Rushing a review of this this morning. Have to leave in ten minutes…

It’s a very nice base, and a good caramel flavour. Not incredibly strong, but not weak. The flavouring includes caramel chips, and overall it rounds out to a very nice desert cup. The smell overtakes the actual taste a bit, but I am sipping it while it’s still rather hot.

Picked up Kakuzo’s The Book of Tea from my library. Surprised it had it, actually. It’s a wonderful little book about culture clashing and life. Yes, and tea. It’s a sort of rambling description comparison, which I have to admit I always enjoy reading. I think I’d like to buy this after I finish it. If I can find anyplace that sells it. It’s an old book. I need to stop checking out books and read the ones I’ve already got, though. Honestly.

Dan, watched Watchmen last night—should be able to bring the dvd back into the shop today. It was pretty good.

As it cools, the caramel becomes more prominent, but mixes with the tea very well. It’s got that caramel mouth-feel. Bet some sugar would bring this right out. I like it how it is, though.

Daniel McCash

the first time I ever saw Dr. Who was in London.
I was staying with a new friend at her apartment in the bed of a traveling roommate. We bought takeout from the local “little india” part of the city, went home, and watched a brand new episode on BBC 4

It was totally 100% tribute to other tv shows, like “The Weakest Link”! If you were the weakest link, you got destroyed.

Uniquity

I watched that episode not terribly long ago. I just started the new series’ of Doctor Who a month ago. Yay the Doctor!

AJ

Yeah, I remember that one. Near the end of Nine’s life. As a backwards tribute, here’s an episode of the Weakest Link staring many of the new series’ actors, and K9. Barrowman sings the Who Theme Song on it.

Daniel McCash

yeah, so what tea would Doctor Who most want to drink?

Uniquity

When I think The Doctor and tea, I think of the line from Eccleston’s regeneration into Tennant – “All I needed was a good cup of tea”

AJ

@Dan His name’s “The Doctor”. Doctor Who is the pun because that’s what people usually ask him when he says their name to him. And it depends on the Doctor. The Seventh Doctor was known to enjoy a good cup of Lapsang Souchong, while the Eighth, at least in the book canon, often enjoyed Darjeeling with a slice of lemon.

@Uniquity Whenever I think of Doctor Who and tea, I think of Pertwee as the Third Doctor absently using anything on-hand in his lab as a stir-stick when enjoying a cup.

Comments

Daniel McCash

the first time I ever saw Dr. Who was in London.

Daniel McCash

yeah, so what tea would Doctor Who most want to drink?

I prefer Earl Greys.