Brewed, this smells strongly of Assam. The taste is incredibly flavourful—Assam on the first note, strong but not sharp, followed by a definite Keemun taste. I’m not immediately getting any Ceylon, but it might just be the Ceylon that’s tying the two together and toning down the Assam. Background-player.

It’s cooling now, and I think I’m getting a bit of the Ceylon.

I’d also like to point out that mine (and all, I assume) came with a card inside the box that reads: “For best results, serve others first.” Sadly, I had no one to share with, otherwise I would have.

Smith Teamaker

Hello and thanks for the review AJ. Curious where you found Smith? The teamakers.

AJ

I can usually find them in any local Chapters (Canadian book company), but they are ridiculously overpriced there. I found this one at Eden West Fine Foods and Gifts.

Comments

Smith Teamaker

AJ

A tea-drinking transgendered Canadian, currently in the third year of university, majoring in geology (yes, “rocks and things”). I take most of my tea made straight into a mug, although occasionally if I’m not in a hurry (this isn’t often), I’ll have time to sit down with a pot or gaiwan. It’s the highlight of a good day.

My notes are pretty disjointed because I’m a fairly absent-minded individual, and I also keep a teatra.de blog for reviewing and rambling about tea books/publications.

And I’m a Doctor Who fanatic (Jon Pertwee, if you were wondering).

BC, Canada